Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Canned Fruit Wheat Bread ~ Bread Machine Recipe

Today at my local grocery store they had the "10 for $10" sale going on! Included was canned fruit. I thought to myself, "I wonder if I could use this for quick bread?" So I bought up a few cans of a variety of different kinds and off to my kitchen I went. I pulled out my trusty basic quick bread recipe and went to work.

I chose apricots as my first victim. I threw the whole can, juice and all in the food processor to make a slightly chunky puree. After that I put together the below recipe. I really prefer wheat flour so I always use a little white and then more wheat. Why I do it this way....I have no idea. I just always use both but more wheat than white flour. I also mix my batter up in a bowl until just after adding the flour. It's lumpy looking and then I put it in my bread maker and then add the baking soda and baking powder. I know you are thinking "WTH?" I got nothing on this one, lol, it's just how I do it. This recipe makes a 2lb. plus loaf so I always have to add an extra 30 minutes or so to my baking time. I have the option on my bread machine to add just baking time. Since apricots is the only fruit I've tried so far, the batter/dough may need more or less flour depending on fruit.

Canned Fruit Wheat Bread:
1 (15 1/4 oz) can of any variety/brand of fruit (I used apricots)
2 eggs (Large is what I used, I think)
3/4 c. oil (I used veggie, it's what I had on hand)
1 t. Vanilla
1 c. Sugar
1/2 t. Salt
1 c. White Flour
2 1/2 c. Wheat Flour
1 t. Baking Powder
1 t. Baking Soda
1 t. Cinnamon (optional)

Put in bread maker in order (wet to dry) and set the bread maker on the Quick Bread Setting. May need to be baked an additional 30 or so minutes after the Quick Bread Setting is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment