Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Homemade Bread Crumbs

Today I made a new batch of bread crumbs. I love the smell and taste of these bread crumbs, they are so much better than store bought and cheaper. I use these in meat loaf and meat balls! Like always, I probably don't follow the "rules" of cooking but this is how I make them.

Bread Crumbs
4 c. bread (I just use one 1lb loaf of whatever bread is on sale or in my freezer)
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. onion powder
1 t. Italian Herbs
1 t. Parsley
1/2 t. Pepper
1 t. Salt

Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees. Put all bread in a food processor and make it crumbly. If I have pulled the bread out of the freezer, I just put the frozen bread in it. I never think ahead to have it sit out and defrost. Pour on a cookie sheet or two and bake in 15 minute intervals, stirring and turning them, until the crumbs are dry. Place all bread crumbs and rest of the ingredients in the food processor and blend. Store in an air tight container after the bread crumbs are cooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment